Monday, January 11, 2010

Back and Ready to Cook

Dearest Michelle,

I'm back! I know it's been far too long since I've written. Part of it was being busy, part of it was being gone, and part of it was a block- I made, and started to write up, brussels sprouts a la Motorino, but I just was not excited about it. They were good, sure, but they weren't great. Jeff told me that not everything I made to post would be perfect, but that these were certainly good enough. So I started writing. And then I got busy. And then I kept NOT posting it, and now I realize that sometimes, you just have to throw it out. Whether or not being a perfectionist is good for my mental health is debatable; but, aren't YOU happier knowing that I will not compromise when it comes to your taste buds? I do, however, still like the photos. Here they are, below.

The product of a much larger budget than usual and time at my parent's house will be coming up shortly: goat cheese souffles, Aunt Lynaire's Scottish scones, fatty goose liver mouse, a can't-stop-eating-it potato gratin, and cream cheese-walnut cookies. Time to get to writing. Also, that frittata looks seriously good.

Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment